The Perfect Wave

The Perfect Wave

Sunday, June 6, 2010

So post numero two

Well I wish I could say there were new developments in my life to report but thus far nada! I did have a wonderful anniversary trip with my husband to Las Vegas where we came home absolutely broke and with new tattoos. We each got a celtic cross on our right arm to signify our third anniversary. I admit I was kinda nervous at first as it was my first tattoo but was soon over it.

We stayed at the Sahara on the back end of the strip closer to old downtown. I will never again stay there. It was not a nice hotel. We originally decided to stay there as my husband has a great love for the rat pack and that was their stomping ground. Little did I know it looked like an old stomping ground. The bathroom was dirty with long stringy hairs all over the bathroom floor and tub, ew. The room smelled of decades of stale cigarette smoke and beer. The room was pretty decent in size for the price but I felt like I was standing in a sess pool every time I showered as it didn't drain well and I was in a foot of water by the time I exited, somehow feeling dirtier than when I started.

All in all it was fun. I got to hook up with an old high school buddy and hang out with my step-father and his new girlfriend. We saw the sights, went to the Hoover Dam, and spent money. Those damn angels toes better bring me some luck soon!!

So here I am still unemployed and looking for work. Apparently I am too overqualified to work at a department store, or at least that is what they tell me. Does it really matter that I have a bachelor's degree if I want to work at a store? I mean seriously just give me a job! How the hell can we pull out of this crummy economy if the older generations lose out to young high school punks who treat jobs as revolving doors? Seriously people you spend more in training these degenerates than you would my salary!! I think I am a bit disgruntled but still pretty much okay.

So more about me, apparently I can not stand my younger siblings generation. They are the rudest crudest children alive. And don't you all sit there nodding your head in agreement with me as I bet 30% or more of you are their parents that let them get away with it!! I tell you if my child did and said half of the things these teens are doing they would never see the light of day again. What is the deal with letting your kids talk to adults with such disrespect? If I ask a kid a question I expect a decent answer like no thank you or yes please instead I get yeah or nope with an eye roll. If I talked to people like that I would still be picking my teeth up from the ground from the good smack I just got from my parents. Seriously it is not okay people. I know you don't want to turn out like your parents but dang man at least teach your kids respect and make sure they show it to others.

Okay now that I am off my soapbox I will end this post. I will try to make my posts closer together but can't make any promises. Oh and so you all know I really am not the kind of person that pulls any punches. I speak my mind and say what needs to be said so if you are the faint of heart or just someone who can not handle the truth when shown to you you may want to find a nice blog about puppies or ponies to read.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment